Smashbox Studios is the premier photo and film studio in Los Angeles that regularly hosts photo shoots, film shoots and events for photographers, producers, celebrities and brands. Davis and Dean Factor, great-grandsons of Hollywood cosmetics legend Max Factor, founded Smashbox Studios in 1990. The enterprise expanded to include a photo studio, modeling agency and production company. Born out of the Studio, Smashbox Cosmetics launched in 1996. We look for the very best to join our team. Smashbox culture is built from our career driven, talented staff that continues to push the envelope in creative production and related services.
- Assist in the daily operations of the Smashbox Locations department.
- Aide in the success of Smashbox Studios locations business including the sales and rentals of photo location EQ & production supplies
- Elevate and uphold the Smashbox Studios brand, industry position and culture as the top fashion/commercial studio in LA
- Ensure orders are accurately packed and on-time for all jobs
- Perform timely delivery & pickup of equipment and sub-rented equipment.
- Ensure orders are accurately counted upon return and all gear is inspected for damages. Report any lost or damaged equipment to Locations Manager.
- Ensure equipment is tested and in perfect working condition at all times.
- Assist clients with questions concerning photography/film equipment
- Manage the timely pickup and return of sub-rentals
- Manage repairs to minimize downtime on equipment.
- Answer phones, emails, texts and general organization and office support.
- Collaborate and partner with Smashbox Studios leadership, departments and staff
- Make sure clients are happy with Smashbox Studios service. Follow up to find out if there is anything more we can do to provide better service
- Note any sub par levels of supplies stocked in-house (ex. Cleaning supplies, repair materials, hardware supplies, tools, etc.)
- Note any sub par levels for all expendables (ex. seamless paper, batteries, tape, foam core, etc.)
Vehicle Maintenance – weekly attention to fluid levels, tire pressure, and cleanliness of rental fleet.
- At least 2 years experience in similar role
- Clean Driving record
- Extensive photo and film equipment knowledge a MUST
- Knowledge of digital, film, video cameras, lighting and computer equipment
- Some experience with producing rental estimates and rental billing a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt modern processes
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Physical condition necessary for location warehouse operations
- Excellent working knowledge of the photography & commercial film industry.
- Understanding of high-end customer service requirements
- Ability to prioritize and effective time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- An enthusiastic and committed attitude and dedication to excellence
- Attention to detail, self starter, and team player
About Smashbox Studios
Smashbox Studios is a premier photo and film studio in Los Angles that regularly hosts photo shoots, film shoots and events for photographers, producers and celebrities. Davis and Dean Factor, great-grandsons of Hollywood cosmetics legend Max Factor, founded Smashbox Studios in 1990. The enterprise expanded to include a photo studio, modeling agency and production company. Born out of the Studio, Smashbox Cosmetics launched in 1996.
About Industrial Color Brands
Originating in 1991, Industrial Color Brands is a family of vertically integrated creative production and software companies including globaledit, Industrial Color Productions, Impact Digital, and Fast Ashleys Studios. Together they provide leading production, post-production, SaaS workflow and related services. The brands provide solutions for photography, advertising, retail, media and production companies worldwide.