Smashbox Studios is the premier photo and film studio in Los Angeles that regularly hosts photo shoots, film shoots and events for photographers, producers, celebrities and brands. Davis and Dean Factor, great-grandsons of Hollywood cosmetics legend Max Factor, founded Smashbox Studios in 1990. The enterprise expanded to include a photo studio, modeling agency and production company. Born out of the Studio, Smashbox Cosmetics launched in 1996. We look for the very best to join our team. Smashbox culture is built from our career driven, talented staff that continues to push the envelope in creative production and related services.
The Studio Booker at Smashbox Studios works with the Director of Bookings to ensure the success of Smashbox Studios sales and profitability. He/She facilitates bookings by reaching out to potential clients, giving tours, answering incoming inquiries, and ensuring clients have an overall excellent experience in the studio.
- Manage bookings and contract negotiations.
- Develop deep, ongoing relationships with Magazine Editors, Print, Commercial and Film (TV and Feature) Producers, Photographers, including Photo Assistants, Directors, Photo Agents, Agency Producers, Art Buyers, and Publicists
- Actively and effectively solicit new business by conducting sales calls, meetings, presentations and attending local industry events.
- Monitor and report sales metrics and continually develop strategies to improve KPIs
- Manage prospect pipeline using CRM system
- Be mindful of monthly sales goals and hit targets consistently.
- Field inquiries regarding bookings, and assisting with any questions or requests clients may have.
- Set up client accounts to establish a seamless billing process and keep all information up to date and valid.
- Keep all staff members informed of logistical details pertinent to the productions taking place.
- Serve as point person for the Smashbox Cosmetics team to book their photo shoots and events.
- Liaise with our third-party events team to facilitate holds and schedule tours for their potential clients.
- Ensure that both new accounts and existing clients have successful experiences and become enthusiastic, repeat clients of Smashbox Studios.
- Support the VP of Studios and Director of Bookings in ensuring that the studio and bookings run smoothly
- Minimum 3 years of studio or on-set production experience.
- Existing network of photography relationships.
- Mastery of sales/negotiation/closing process
- Solid understanding of legal contract language
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- High-level attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player with ability to work well with others.
- Motivated to find a solution before escalating issues.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and knowing when to ask for help.
- MS Office skills (Excel, Word, databases) and competence in other popular business systems